Funerals and Coronavirus/ COVID-19
During the COVID-19 outbreak, we can help you to arrange a simple but meaningful funeral for immediate family and close friends.
We’ve had to adapt the way we work so we can protect you, our team and the wider community, but we’ll still do everything we can
so you can say goodbye. Please know that whatever we are allowed to will be done with compassion and kindness.
The government’s guidance is changing every day and we’ll do our best to keep you up to date with current policies.
- To protect you and to protect our team, we have made the difficult decision that all funeral arrangements will now be made over the phone, email or whatsapp whenever possible.
- The government has advised that non-essential social contact should be avoided. In line with guidance our local crematorias and cemeteries are now limiting attendance at the funeral service to immediate family and close friends only. We are aware that the situation is changing rapidly, so if you are arranging a funeral with us, we will keep you updated.
- Webcast (live streaming) facilities are available at some crematoria. When we talk to you about the funeral, we will discuss options with you. This is particularly important if you are concerned about travel restrictions.
- Should you wish to arrange a direct cremation or burial with us (this is when a person is cremated or buried without a funeral service and with no mourners in attendance), we can advise on how you can put together a meaningful memorial service at a later date.
- To protect our team, our limousines are limited to four persons per limousine and thise four must live in the same house. For everyone else we ask that you use your own transport.
- We will continue to look after everyone in our care in our gentle and sensitive way, but we have put procedures in place to ensure we can do this safely.
- Before we bring your loved one into our care, we may ask you some questions related to coronavirus/COVID-19 to ensure we are best equipped to safely deal with your circumstances.
- We are well prepared to take care of people who have died with coronavirus/COVID-19 in line with the official guidance we have received. Our team may be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) even when the risk is deemed to be low.
- To protect everyone in our community, our team have been instructed not to shake hands but we’ll still be warm and friendly.
- We are working closely with our colleagues throughout the funeral profession to ensure we can offer the same high standards you would normally expect from us during this unprecedented time. Whatever you’re going through, we’re here to guide and support you.
If you have any questions about coronavirus/COVID-19 and funerals, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by calling 0191 4772398/0191 3871404 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org